“It’s not just about Cannabis”
“We Will Overgrow the Government”
U.S. Marijuana Party Platform Revision*
First Platform Revision: January of 2015.
Second Platform Revision as of September 21, 2015. (SEVEN-C added)
Platform Review January 25, 2016.
Third Platform Revision as of January 27, 2019 (ELEVEN and TWELVE added)
Our main issue stays the same: Repeal Cannabis from the UN Treaties, and the DEA. REPEAL CANNABIS PROHIBITION and give freedom of this plant back to its rightful owners, “The People”.
The control and prohibition of plants starting with the Smoking Opium Exclusion Act of 1909 emerged into the now known Agenda 21/30 plans to control all plants, food and medicine – by control of the plants. Of course, this agenda branches out into every facet of our lives, but first it must control our food and medicine. When this is accomplished then the population as a whole is contained and controlled.
It is not just about Marijuana anymore, though it could be argued that this is where it started. Marijuana was a test case. A second chance to get prohibition right after having failed with alcohol prohibition. Alcohol prohibition encompassed too many people at one time. They could not win over such a large mass of people that quickly. With Marijuana a smaller sect of people was impacted and the media had already began setting the stage with “Reefer madness”. It was a perfect case to see just how the population would react to prohibition, yet again. Convince the populace that this is what they need for moral and ethical or health reasons, and then feed it to them one small dose at a time.
Oddly enough there seems to always be a group of people ready, willing and able to convince others that this new regulation is in their best interests. Generally, almost any agenda that the Government wishes to impose upon us can be easily started by looking to find a group of people
who have already spoken out about the need for such an agenda, or they are people who are gullible and will buy in to most any idea if they think it passes the smell test.
With the information gained while enacting this prohibition in hand they could better plan for “A Better World” through Agenda 20/30. They could gauge just how they would have to implement the NWO. A plan that was in the making before WWII ended.
Now we are coming up on the 2020 Election cycle and the issues that we are facing as a people are monstrous. Just a few of the key issues should be:
- The Border Wall. Though we do not believe that a Federal mandate for a Wall is necessary, it may be an option for individual States that feel their border would be better protected by such a physical barrier could pursue this interest through a State Ballot Initiative. Possibly the States could raise the money by taxation with 50% matching funds from the Federal Government.
- Federal REPEAL of prohibition on Cannabis and other plants as well. This would include a Repeal of the UN Treaties which we subscribe to which enforces this prohibition upon Cannabis and other plants.
- Elections – Securing the Vote and voting rights. (See TWELVE)
- Immigration Policy. Generally, we follow the Libertarian view of immigration.
- Global Warming, pollution and food shortages and insecurity.
- Water issues across the Country, shortages, cleanliness and access to.
- Sexual abuse rampant in every segment of the Society, including Religious organizations.
- Police and Justice system abuses of power.
- Infighting and illegal activity in the political system as a whole.
- The War on Drugs is as bad as it has ever been though many States have legalized Marijuana in differing manners. Expungement for past nonviolent Cannabis offences must be offered as well as banking services for legal entities.
- Healthcare is at an all-time low point with the lack of care and the opioid crisis – many people are suffering, most needlessly.
- Indigenous Peoples rights and sacred lands are being destroyed.
- Children’s rights, child abuse and trafficking is horrific.
- School loans and cost of education bankrupt a student before they can start.
- Federal Ballot Initiative is a must if the people are to have a legitimate say in their own Government.
- (RFRA) Religious Freedom Rights Act What does this Act really do for religious access when freedom of religion is already covered in the Constitution?
- Second Amendment Rights should not be questioned, except to the extent of a person with previous physical violence charges pending and/or felony convictions as a result thereof.
The list could go on and on. We cannot possibly address them all in a platform. We are not all-knowing individuals. Many if not all of these problems will have to be addressed on an ongoing basis and changed appropriately. The will of the people must be recognized. The only way for that to happen in earnest is eliminating Electoral Vote and instituting a Popular Vote and a Ballot Initiative. We hope to bring nearly 100% of eligible Voters to the polls with the “Request to Vote Act”. This will effect a change in our Government.
The United States Constitution is silent on the subject of political parties. The Founding Fathers did not originally intend for American politics to be partisan. In Federalist Papers No. 9 and No. 10, Alexander Hamilton and James Madison, respectively, wrote specifically about the dangers of domestic political factions. In addition, the first President of the United States, George Washington, was not a member of any political party at the time of his election or throughout his tenure as president. Furthermore, he hoped that political parties would not be formed, fearing conflict and stagnation, as outlined in his Farewell Address. LINK
Secondly, we have been held hostage by a two-party system for many years. It is time for change. If you want to see a change in your Government, you must change the people who are running the Government.
Consider carefully the issues facing our Great Country of the United States of America before going to the Election Polls in the next two years. What we do or don’t do will set the stage for what is to happen over the next 50 years or more. Speak now or forever hold your peace.
ORIGINAL MISSION PARTY STATEMENT OF THE U.S. MARIJUANA PARTY
(Taken from the Kentucky Marijuana Party Mission Statement (@ 2002)
The USMjParty seeks to remove all penalties for adults 21 and over who choose to consume cannabis in a responsible manner.
We demand an end to the war on productive and otherwise law-abiding citizens by the powers that be who claim to protect us.
We demand the right to use any medication our healthcare providers and we deem fit without government interference.
We demand the release of all people imprisoned on marijuana charges and that their criminal records be expunged.
We demand that all property seized in marijuana raids be returned to the rightful owners at once.
We demand that our law enforcement officers make more efficient use of our tax dollars and use the resources they have at their disposal to go after violent criminals and crimes that actually have victims.
We demand the right to grow marijuana for personal consumption, just as alcohol can be brewed at home legally so long as it is not sold untaxed.
We demand that you stop treating us like second class citizens for consuming something that is less dangerous than alcohol and tobacco, both of which are legal and cause numerous deaths each year. Cannabis has never caused one.
U.S. MARIJUANA PARTY
“We are Anti-prohibitionists”
USMjParty Platform 2019-2020
We are Fighting for the Freedom from Prohibition of Your Freedom’s!
We hereby submit that these issues be adopted in the Platform of the U.S. Marijuana Party:
Freedom of the plants Cannabis/Marijuana and Industrial Hemp for use by all people via a REPEAL of Federal Statutes, (beginning with the removal of Cannabis from the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) as well as U.N. Treaties. – To be non- taxable when not in a sale’s or marketing environment. (If you grow it in your garden, and use it in your home, and DO NOT SELL it to others, then it remains non-taxable).
a. Marketing/Sales of Cannabis products are taxable interests.
- Medical Marijuana for use by all patients, to be non-taxable when obtained by a prescription, from a. Physician, and purchased in a Pharmacy or Apothecary.
- Hemp shall be freely planted, harvested, bought and sold.
- Effective immediately no drug testing can be used for the purpose of disqualifying a potential employee, student nor a patient from any type of care including mental health and pain care.
It cannot be mandated by any Physician, or other medical practice, nor by the Court system. (AToxicology Screen may only be done without permission if it is a matter of life and death and the patient is unable to give their permission, in a hospital setting, in the course of treatment, and MAY NOT follow the patient out of the hospital after treatment)
IF A TOXICOLOGY report is needed in the course of law enforcement in order to prove (or disprove) a criminal act(s) then a Warrant must be issued from a Court in order to lawfully pursue a Blood, Urine or DNA testing.
e. Furthermore: Those individual ’s incarcerated for Cannabis possession charges or growing for personal use shall be immediately reprieved and all personal property returned that had been “FORFEITED” during the process of being arrested, accused, or imprisoned for such charges.
Because Cannabis/Hemp is such a versatile plant and is known to clean brownfields, it should be freely planted anywhere and everywhere. This plant belongs to the Earth, first. Secondly, it will be used as food and medicine by the People and Thirdly, as fuel and construction and other uses in a marketed environment.
Freedom to possess firearms, and freedom to carry said firearms, as well as freedom to protect one’s own life and property.
The Second Amendment provides for the Citizens of the United States to be able to possess firearms. This is fact and shall remain fact. EVERYONE has the right to protect his life, family and liberty.
Possessing a firearm will be unlawful only if previous felonies exist with a firearm or charges of any type of assault or battery exist including domestic violence. They shall be placed on a “No Firearms Allowed” list to be kept continually updated for access by law enforcement and Justice Department.
A person cannot and should not be charged with a “thought crime”. Therefore, unless a person has done something to indicate that they cannot be trusted with a firearm, their Second Amendment right shall not be infringed.
All other firearms Statutes shall remain in place unless a case for repeal is brought before the Courts.
Coal Mining, Coal Ash, Mountain Top Removal Mining, Oil Drilling, Natural Gas Drilling to be regulated and enforced.
Abortion Issue – Although we do not endorse the use of so called abortion clinics nor the acts thereof, it places neither blame nor legal claim against anyone for said need nor the act of obtaining an abortion.
This is to remain confidential information between the patient and physician, and the regulation should be limited to and comprised of the normal requirements for any Physician or Medical Clinic to operate. However, so called late term procedures are not covered here unless medically necessary to save the Mother’s life.
Gambling Casino’s will remain regulated at the State level.
Drug Use and Abuse Issue’s (excluding Marijuana/Cannabis/Hemp) as described in #1)
a. Pertinent “drugs” –
1. Any natural growing herb or flowering plant or other plant which produces euphoric and/or narcotic type of illusion/delusion such as Salvia, Papaver somniferum, and Psilocybin’s. (For all practical purposes, these plants fall into the same category as Cannabis; See #1)
These “plants” as grown naturally should be removed from the CSAas well. These plants are found in nature, and are God’s gifts to us, to be used by those who wish to do so and should not have ANY repercussion for their use within the Federal Government Statutes. This includes growing and personal use.
2. Any substance which is produced by chemical compounding, i.e., “crack, meth, ice”, etc., These substances require processing of a given chemical which in fact, are not natural God given plants. Many of these impose grave health risks as well as risks to those persons around them and the healthcare system. Although they should remain illegal because of composition, the law should not be any more damaging to the people than the danger of using them. Therefore, guidelines must be reviewed and changes made to reflect this.
3. Any liquid substance (with the exception of alcoholic beverages) shall be determined to fit in to #1 or #2 category.
Health Care Coverage
PROPOSAL: THIS PLAN IS SUBMITTED TO THE PEOPLE AND OPEN FOR DISCUSSION: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS!
Whereas the United States of America has dire need to implement healthcare coverage for all of its’ Citizens, we do hereby submit that 100% of covered health care costs – * up to but NOT including ‘human organ transplant” for a Patient over 21 years of age. However, those children under 21 will be covered for HOT.
In addition to medical care by any physician or medical facility, coverage will also include:
Dental and Vision Care as well as prescription coverage and any medical necessity such as durable equipment, as ordered by a physician for their patient, with proof of need submitted. This is the basis for all those who wish to be included in a single payer system.
This coverage would be administrated by a single-payer system and be paid for from tax revenue already in force and already paid by all U.S. citizens.
The administration, finances, membership and processing of claims will be handled by a Federal Healthcare Insurance entity working under federal guidelines. It will not be a private insurer.
A citizen may, as well, elect to retain additional insurance as a supplement, such as to have HOT coverage or additional coverage they feel is needed, bought from a private insurer and self-pay. However, this cost will not be tax deductible.
The common practice of payments to physicians (by Pharmaceutical Companies), for prescribing a pharmaceutical companies’ medications must cease immediately for ALL types of medications.
NO LONGER will a physician be allowed to accept or receive any type of payment for writing a prescription.
a. Prescription drug abuse and pain clinics. As people have, since the beginning of time, had occasion to become addicted to those substances which have been either prescribed for pain and other ailments, as well as those ‘drugs’ found outside the physician’s office which are considered ‘illicit’, it must be provided for those persons to immediately receive addiction healthcare at the request of the patient, at no cost to the patient through the “Single Payer System”.
Additionally, new treatments for addiction should be studied and implemented, such as Ibogaine.The Patient must take responsibility for his/her incorrectly using these drugs as well as to accept treatment for their illness.
No healthcare for addiction shall be forced upon a Citizen for any reason. Addiction therapy cannot be mandated by federal law, unless they are a serious physical threat to the community. As well, Physicians should not have DEA looking over their shoulders and dictating what a medical professional licensed for the care of these individuals can prescribe for their patients. The only way to guide people in the right directions is to not subject them to something that they do not need – While at the same time the patient should not be denied legitimate pain care as needed.
b. Heroin maintenance clinics and needle exchanges:
Immediately, there should be access to clean needle exchanges as well as safe use environments which will include counseling for those on IV drugs who choose to take advantage of the program. These programs should be covered under the federal health system – “Single Payer System” as well.
c. Inpatient and outpatient abuse clinics shall be free of charge and open to everyone in the United States, with their request for help.
Addiction care cannot be mandated by any government entity. It must be requested by the patient.
Pollution Standards – (including articles in #3)
Whereas the United States has had insufficient monitoring of its pollution of all kinds and as a result thereof caused undue illness, and imposed upon its citizens, unfair damage to their right to enjoyment of life because of said pollution, it is of necessity that those persons living in high risk areas be offered the resources necessary to move out of those areas which are a threat to their health and welfare, due to pollution of the air and/or ground, coming from area industries and utilities. This issue must be addressed.
Law Enforcement and Imprisonment Issue’s:
a. All Imprisonment shall be taken out of the hands of any other entity other than the Federal, State or County government. There shall be no more privately-run prisons in the United States.
b. All personal needs shall be furnished either free of charge if a necessity or at cost if not a necessity.
c. Complaints of brutality or abuse of the incarcerated shall be handled immediately.
d. Prisoners’ rights shall be addressed.
e. Those persons who are approached by law enforcement either on public or private property or within the prison system, shall be treated fairly, respectfully, humanely and constitutionally.
Abuse of power by police officers will be immediately handled in a manner which is fair to both parties involved and resolves the issue. Any officer accused of brutality will be immediately removed from his position without pay until the issue has been resolved. If the officer is found not guilty, then at that time he will be reinstated and his pay shall be resumed and back wages paid.
Death Penalty Issue:
Be it known that there will be an immediate moratorium on capital punishment in the United States.
Federal Ballot Initiative (and State Ballot Initiatives)
The Federal Ballot Initiative Act will be introduced as a way for all citizens to have a vote on issues which are important to them.
Encourage all States to have a Ballot Initiative as well.
PROPOSAL: THIS PLAN IS SUBMITTED TO THE PEOPLE AND OPEN FOR DISCUSSION: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS!
Because the voting process is so important to our way of life, and because our citizens have become lax in the voting process, we would like to see a statute enacted which will jumpstart the participation of all of our citizens. Everyone should have a say in their government. Therefore, we offer the:
Federal Request to Vote Act
- all persons 18 or older who are legal citizens must register to vote
- all persons registered to vote must participate in the voting process for Federal Elections.
- Election Day will be a Federal Paid Holiday to ensure Citizens are not burdened by this request. Additionally, absentee voting will be made available for those unable to travel for whatever reason. All that will be needed to get absentee voting is a valid request with valid ID.
- This Act will not be punishable with incarceration or monetary fine in Court. However, if you file a Tax Return, and have not voted, you can be penalized at that point.
Additionally, the “Request to Vote Act” will encompass the following changes to our voting system:
- Eliminate the electoral voting
- Add a ballot initiative to the Federal Elections, to be used by the people.
- Enhance the “Real ID Act” to add the Voter Registration to the “Real ID”. This would ensure that everyone having a Real ID is automatically registered to vote.
An additional ‘Act of No Confidence’ should be added to the Ballot.
- Enhance the voting ballot to include an option for marking a ‘No Confidence’ vote. Meaning that if you do not favor any individuals running on the ballot for office and do not wish to ‘write-in’, then another option is the ‘No Confidence’ vote which essentially says, “I do not believe anyone on this ballot for this Election is reputable enough to secure my vote”. In the event that the ‘No Confidence’ vote wins a two-thirds majority of votes then the Election will be repealed and another Election will be ensued.
The details of this “Act” to be determined.
U.S. Marijuana Party™ ©Sheree Krider 2019 Sheree Krider LLC Cave City Kentucky
*Disclaimer: The U.S. Marijuana Party and its State Groups are not registered to participate in the 2019-2020 Election Cycle. Although there have been individuals who have ran independently as Marijuana Party including, U.S. Marijuana Party (USMP) in the past, in several states, (see wikipedia; see archives), the websites and blogs are TM as a Class 41 News, Information, Opinion Sharing Websites focusing on Marijuana and Other Political Issues. We do not have a Political Committee set up at this time.